In our office we have two ways of moving teeth, both with different strengths and weaknesses. Our Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, removeable and work well to improve many people's smile. Our Powerprox Six Month Braces are faster and can accompish more types of tooth movement, thus allowing us to treat more difficult cases more predictably.
Invisalign's® invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners will give you the beautiful straight teeth you've always wanted. And best of all, no one can tell you're wearing them. Invisalign is great for adults and teenagers.
What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Invisalign® uses a series of clear, removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets
- Invisalign® has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
- You wear each set of aligners for about 3 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move little by little, week by week - until they have straightened to the their final position
- You'll visit us about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 - 18 months and the average number of aligners during treatment is between 18 - 30, but both will vary from case to case.
Powerprox™ Six Month Braces
- This technique is similiar to traditional braces in that it uses brackets and wires, however brackets do come in tooth color and modern nickle-titanium wires can move teeth incredibly fast.
- Since brackets and wires are attached to the tooth we can move teeth faster and in more dirrections, for instance up and down, compared with removeable aligners.
- This is incredibly helpful when correcting deep overbites, open bites, and many instances where properly aligning the teeth involves up and down movement in addition to back and forth or side to side movements.
- A person will need to vist our office about once per month for a short adjustment appointment durring treatment which averages 4-8 months.
- Because our cost for orthodontic brackets and wires is less than for Invisalign aligners the fee for this type of treatment is also less.